Note: You do not have to be enrolled as a student at SRTC to participate. The course is not covered by Financial Aid.
This 8-hour, self-paced course is designed for anyone wanting to improve their basic daily finance skills.
The course will be available on Monday, November 9th.
All coursework must be completed by Friday, November 20th @ 11:59 PM.
Completers will receive an SRTC Economic Development Certificate of Completion.
4 Basic Financing Modules (estimated 2 hours each – total of 8 hours):
MODULE 1: Intro to Managing Personal Finances
- Basic overview of personal finances
- Understanding the breakdown of daily living expenses, bills, etc.
MODULE 2: Understanding Banking
- Opening an account
- Finding the bank that’s right for you
- Writing Checks
MODULE 3: Understanding Credit & Loans
- How does credit work?
- How does credit affect loans?
- Understanding loans (example car loans, large purchases)
- How to properly manage credit/credit cards, etc.
MODULE 4: Investing and Budgeting
- How to successfully budget, save money
- Planning Ahead (college, children, retirement)
The online platform will be via the Technical College System of Georgia’s Economic Development BlackBoard.
Prior to the class and after registration and payment are received, you will receive emailed instructions on how to login to the online classroom.
An instructional video on navigating the online classroom will also be sent to you.
To register and pay online: https://southernregional.edu/economic-development/course-registration
ATTENTION: Please make sure to select “Bainbridge” as the campus, regardless of your region. This will ensure I receive the registration and payment, so I can enroll you in the class.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.