- This 8-hour, self-paced course is designed for ANYONE wanting to improve their communication skills.
- The course will be available on October 19th.
- All coursework must be completed by October 30th @ 11:59 PM.
- The course fee is ONLY $20.00. (Note: This is an Economic Development/Cont. Ed. program and it is NOT eligible for Financial Aid.)
- Completers will receive an SRTC Economic Development Certificate of Completion.
- Topics include: Daily Communication Skills, Interpersonal Communication Skills, Listening Skills, and Virtual Communication Skills.
- The online platform will be via the Technical College System of Georgia’s Economic Development BlackBoard.
- Prior to the class and after registration and payment are received, you will receive emailed instructions on how to login to the online classroom.
- An instructional video on navigating the online classroom will also be sent to you.
- The course consists of Powerpoint/video lectures, assignments that relate to real life situations, and quizzes.
- Registration and payment MUST be received by 8 AM on Monday, October 19th.
(NOTE: Please make sure to select “Bainbridge” as the campus, regardless of your region. This will ensure I receive the registration and payment, so I can enroll you in the class.)
Successful & Effective Communication
(8-hour virtual class)
Before introducing myself, I would first like to thank you for taking this course with me. Within my personal and professional life, I strive to educate others on the importance of successful and effective communication skills while also refreshing my own communication skills and gaining further communication experience.
These are important skills to have in an ever changing, fast-paced society as we are living in today. I truly hope you gain something from taking this course. It is my goal to help you achieve proper communication skills in the workplace, school, college, and in your everyday lives.
I was born and raised in Southwest Georgia. After graduating high school in 2008, I attended Bainbridge College for 2 years where I obtained an AA in General Studies. From there, I attended Georgia State University and graduated with a BA in Journalism (Public Relations) and Certificate in Gerontology. After completing college, I worked at the Thomasville Times-Enterprise as a reporter for about 2 years before being hired as Bainbridge State College’s Media Coordinator. During that time, I earned a Master’s Degree in Communication from Walden University.
When Bainbridge State College became Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC-Bainbridge) in 2017, I was not only the Media Coordinator, but also the manager of the Charles H. Kirbo Regional Center and a part-time Public Speaking instructor.
In 2018, I was hired as Southern Regional Technical College’s Director of Economic Development for the Bainbridge Campus. In this position, I continue to manage the Kirbo Center/other campus rentals, Continuing Education programs, and customized contract training opportunities to businesses and industries. I am also a part-time Public Speaking instructor with SRTC.
I live in my mother’s family home. It dates back to the 1890s. I have enjoyed restoring and living there. I love history, writing, hunting, vintage things, LEGOs, and fishing.