Bainbridge Leisure Services
Rules for Use of City Athletic Fields
The City of Bainbridge will make available to all its citizens the use of all athletic facilities per the rules and regulations.
- All activities conducted by the City of Bainbridge shall have priority over all facilities.
- The Bainbridge Leisure Services Department reserves the right to cancel scheduled activities at any facility when is determined that inclement weather has the possibility of damaging city owned facilities.
- Vehicles will be allowed in designated parking areas only.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed or tolerated on any city owned facilities or grounds. The use of tobacco products is prohibited in playing areas, dugouts, and buildings/restrooms.
- For the purposes of this policy, organized activity shall mean any group preparing for competitive play.
- Violation of the provisions of this policy will result in the violator being asked to immediately vacate the City facility until such time as all provisions of this policy are satisfied.
- Boat Basin fields may be used for open play on a first-come, first-serve basis during daylight hours.
- The use of lighting at any facility must be scheduled through the Leisure Services Department at a cost of $12 (twelve dollars) per hour.
- NYSCA Certified Coaches who have coached in the City of Bainbridge Leisure Services regular season league may use Bill Reynolds Sports Park fields for organized activities. The following conditions apply:
Non-NYSCA Certified Coaches desiring to use city facilities for organized activity must satisfy all requirements set forth in Item #11.
Any person or organization desiring to use city facilities for individual team competition or tournament play must satisfy the following:
- A release of Liability furnished by the City of Bainbridge must be signed.
- Use of field(s) must be scheduled through the Leisure Services Department.
Any public or privately owned educational system must provide a request in writing from the School Superintendent or Headmaster/Principal for use of any athletic field.
The YMCA Executive Director must provide a request in writing for use of any athletic facility by their organization.
The use of city facilities for family activities is encouraged. These activities are limited to unorganized recreational use of facilities.
Only official scorer allowed in press box.
No poles, spike, etc. shall be driven in ground under no circumstances.
Facility must be left free of trash litter, etc, at conclusion of each day and at the end of use.
- Furnish the City of Bainbridge a current Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 showing the City of Bainbridge as an additional insured.
- Sign a Release of Liability furnished by the City of Bainbridge.
- Provided the City of Bainbridge Leisure Services Director a detailed request in writing for use of facility for use of facility.